- How do you use should in a sentence?
- How do you talk about your abilities?
- What are abilities?
- How do you use ability?
- Can used as ability?
- What is a good sentence for ability?
- Can ability in the future?
- Can Past Present Future Tense?
- What is the example of state of mind?
- Is there ability or has ability?
- What is the full meaning of ability?
- What is the opposite of ability?
- What are the Modals of ability?
- What are the examples of modals?
How do you use should in a sentence?
‘Should’ can be used:
- To express something that is probable. Examples: “John should be here by 2:00 PM.” “He should be bringing Jennifer with him.
- To ask questions. Examples: “Should we turn left at this street?”
- To show obligation, give recommendation or even an opinion. Examples: “You should stop eating fast food.”
How do you talk about your abilities?
We can use could to talk about general ability that existed in the past. Be able to can also be used. She could read when she was three….We can use can to talk about general ability.
- I can knit.
- I can sing.
- I can dance.
- I can play.
- I can run.
What are abilities?
a. The quality of being able to do something, especially the physical, mental, financial, or legal power to accomplish something. b. A skill, talent, or capacity: a student of many abilities. 2.
How do you use ability?
Ability sentence example
- Freedom from that ugly feeling gave her the ability to speak of it lightly for the first time.
- I can only applaud this man’s ability to deduce.
- Tugging at her ability to reason.
- Machines multiply our labor and increase our ability to do work.
- He never mastered the ability to run.
Can used as ability?
We use can and can’t to talk about someone’s skill or general abilities: She can speak several languages. He can swim like a fish. She could speak several languages.
What is a good sentence for ability?
(1) An employer should appraise the ability of his employees. (2) The manager lacks administrative ability. (3) The ability to initiate and operate independently. (4) The committee lacked a correct estimate of his ability.
Can ability in the future?
As we also mentioned previously, the modal verb “can” or in future “to be able to” can also be used to express ability as well as possibility. Examples: You will be able to swim very well if you practise every weekend. Remember that in English the subject and the auxiliary verb “will” can be contracted in all forms.
Can Past Present Future Tense?
Can is called a modal verb. It doesn’t have all of the tenses that verbs usually have. It has the simple past tense could, but no past participle. When a past participle is needed, the expression be able to is used instead.
What is the example of state of mind?
Your state of mind is your mood or mental state at a particular time. I want you to get into a whole new state of mind. He’s in hospital, and in a confused state of mind.
Is there ability or has ability?
“The ability” would be the most accurate in this case. She has the ability to do it. ‘An ability’ would often be used to describe common case of a particular skill or attribute.
What is the full meaning of ability?
power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc. competence in an activity or occupation because of one’s skill, training, or other qualification: the ability to sing well. abilities, talents; special skills or aptitudes: Composing music is beyond his abilities.
What is the opposite of ability?
ability. Antonyms: weakness, incapacity, imbecility, inability, unreadiness, maladroitness. Synonyms: power, cleverness, faculty, skill, capacity, talent, expertness, aptitude, dexterity, efficiency, competency, qualification.
What are the Modals of ability?
Modals of Ability: Can, Could, Be able to, May, Might
- be able to.
What are the examples of modals?
|can||to request permission||Can I open the window?|
|may||to express possibility||I may be home late.|
|may||to request permission||May I sit down, please?|
|must||to express obligation||I must go now.|